Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Furniture for the new house

My wife felt strongly that she did not want to transfer the old furniture as they may be infected with dry rot and fungus so I have been looking at ways of getting new furniture.  We already have solid belian dining and seating.  I think we will go IKEA for the lounge.  Bedroom however has so far been from China.  They are Russian pine as we all like pine, its smell, colour and the grain.  After some search of Alibaba (www.alibaba.com), I moved to www.aliexpress.com as this site is an offshoot and caters to retail.  Alibaba  really caters for volume sales particularly to US.  I also settled on a manufacturer www.walfors.com and have order some beds and desks from them.  They arrived safe and sound.  There were some issues on imports.  I must caution that don't expect them to be cheap.  They don't cost as much as IKEA but it is not much less.  However there are many models to choose from. I am now moving next to cabinets and other beds.  Below are some samples, price included but not including freight.


This is a solid pine bunk including drawers and desk USD 533

This desk plus cabinet is USD 306

No comments:

Post a Comment