Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Stained Glass Panels

I have always been fascinated by stained glass art.  I have already bought some stained glass lampshades.  My next project was a labour of love, 2 stained glass panels in the lounge.  I commissioned Helen Watson in New Zealand to design the 2 panels.  It arrived in Kuching in Jan 2011 after a few months in design and construction.

The first pic is the box, very well packed with MDF, polystyrene sheets and paper sheets. The 2nd pic is the 1st of the 2 panels.  This panel shows 3 birds. 2 wood pigeon and a fan tail.  There is some kiwi flora as well.  The bottom left showed part of an abstract cross for my wife.  Both panels have the cross.  The other panel has a pair of flying ducks on the top (representing the twins).  Altogether there are 7 birds for the 7 children. A very personal project.

Oh yes, I hope my wife is not reading this blog.  Its supposed to be a surprise!  When it is mounted, I am going to cover it up with plywood until it is ready to be unveiled.


No comments:

Post a Comment