Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Staircase

I have always disliked stairs for the obvious reason that I will inevitably trip over it especially as I get to be a geriatric.  And associated with that is the idea of my bod hitting the edge of the stairs.  This is particularly unpleasant for cement/tiled stairs as well as those with an aluminium edge.  A carpetted staircase is best but then I would have to constantly replace it.  This is why I insist on a wooden staircase.  I have ordered Merbau planks 2 inch thick by 4 feet for the steps.
 They were cut from an old dead recovered tree (so I was told).  The pics showed the planks including pieces to be joined (tongue and groove) for the landing.  The Merbau wood was an alternative to Selangan Batu, Belian and Teak.  It has a nice grain not exactly visible in the pic and it does look aged.

No comments:

Post a Comment